Thank you to Famous Footwear for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own and all products were selected by me. Thank you for supporting the brands that help me bring you great content!
Are you a gym devotee that is stuck in a workout rut and looking to mix it up a bit? Or does the thought of going to the gym make you nervous? From time to time, we all need a little (or a lot) of motivation when it comes to keeping up with a workout routine.
How to Get Motivated to get Moving
Even those with the most consistent exercise regimens are prone to burn out or falling into a workout rut. And with the new year upon us, those that haven’t been as consistent, or have fallen off a bit over the holidays, may be looking to jump start their workout routine. So I’m so excited to be partnering up once again with Famous Footwear in today’s post and sharing some tips for getting motivated in the new year!
Tips and Tricks to get Motivated
Exercise can often take a backseat to the ever-growing laundry list of items on our to-do list. But when you don’t make time for physical activity, what you’re really saying is that your health isn’t a priority. So try one or more of these tips and tricks to get motivated to get moving.
- Try a new activity. If you always go to yoga, try a free weights class. If you’re burnt out on SoulCycle, try hiking the trails at a local forest preserve. We all can get into a rut, and mixing up workouts not only gets us out of the rut, but is good for our bodies too.
- Get outside. Even in the cold a brisk walk, hike or run is good for the body and the soul.
- Invest in new workout wear. I love new gym clothes. Buying new leggings or stocking up on sports bras is sometimes all the motivation I need to hit the gym.
- Partner up. Work out with a friend or significant other. Or better yet, work on connecting with other women at your local gym. I met one of my best friends in a group fitness class. Chatting after class and bonding over tough workouts solidified what’s become such a wonderful friendship.
- Buy the correct gear, especially when it comes to sneakers. This is such an important, and often overlooked, part of exercise. Having the correct sneaker not only enhances the workout, but reduces the risk of injury. The staff at Famous Footwear can help you find the right shoes for you!
Getting Back into the Groove
For several years regular exercise had been a huge part of my life, but several injuries have sidelined me over this past year. Now that I’m inching through recovery I’m so excited to get back to a consistent workout routine.
My goal for the start of the year is to get back to the gym slowly, but consistently, and work on rebuilding strength and endurance. I look forward to getting outside more as well, walking the trails and hiking with my dog. Being outside in the fresh air, even when it’s chilly, always feels good and helps me to get motivated to get moving!
I’ve been test driving my new Under Armor Escape sneakers on the trails and love them! They have a foam cushioned comfort footbed, are breathable, lightweight and offer plenty of support. And I can’t help but mention how much I love the color scheme. I mean grey and pink are my 2 favorite colors!
How do you plan to get motivated to get moving in the new year? Share your plans in the comments!