This post is sponsored by U by Kotex but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Shop My Outfit
Thank you! YOU made a difference!
I’m getting a little personal with you today as a follow up to my post in October, where I shared how you can help women who lack access to necessary monthly period supplies. That campaign has been incredibly successful and Walmart has donated $25K to Alliance for Period Supplies in their mission to END PERIOD POVERTY! And for every U by Kotex® sold, two products were donated to the U by Kotex® & Walmart Alliance for Period Supplies campaign, for a total of 5 million period products!
How to Reduce PMS
I love being part of campaigns like this one. Women helping women is always a good thing. So while I share with you this opportunity to give back, I also wanted to share some tips on how to reduce PMS naturally.
I’ve always suffered from terrible PMS symptoms and have struggled to control and manage these symptoms. I used to take some ibuprofen, curl up on the couch and call the day or days a loss. But I’ve learned that there are healthier and more effective ways to manage cramps and discomfort.
- Drink plenty of water. It can seem counter-intuitive, but increasing water intake can actually reduce bloating.
- Exercise. Even though it might feel like the last thing you want to do, increasing physical activity also increases endorphins. Endorphins not only improve your mood, but act as a natural pain reliever. Yoga and meditation can also be helpful.
- Try to eat healthy. Increasing fruit and vegetable intake, and avoiding sugar and alcohol can help decrease headaches and improve energy levels.
- Rest. Get plenty of rest by getting to bed a little earlier, as opposed to napping the day away.
- Avoid stress. Stress can trigger symptoms and impact mood. Make time for a warm bath or a massage.
Let me know if you try these tips on how to reduce PMS. I’d love to hear how they work for you!
Giving Back to Women in Need
So while we complain about PMS and cramps, there are women who are dealing with a whole lot more like not knowing if they have the proper supplies to maintain during that time of the month.
Thank you for participating and supporting agencies that help women thrive and live their best lives. And the U by Kotex® & Walmart campaign isn’t over! You can still support women when you buy period supplies for yourself. Please keep the cause going!