photography by Hannah Schweiss Photography
Shop My Outfit
Denim Cutoffs: All Day, Every Day
It’s my first summa post of the season! I’d be lying if I said I’m not living in these cutoffs this summer. I have to admit that I initially hesitated at the price tag, but ladies they are worth every penny. The perfect inseam, length, perfect amount of distressing and so comfy I feel like I’m in my pajamas! The cost per wear is undoubtedly pennies.
But today we’re taking cutoffs from day to night!
If you’ve been reading a while, you might remember when I styled this ruffled and embroidered blouse last summer. Well it’s beed restocked and for good reason: it’s darling! And, at $22, a must have. Ruffles, embroidery and peplum detail make it perfect for dressing up jean shorts. I also love the idea of longer sleeves with a shorter inseam short. It’s the perfect top to take your cutoffs from day to night!
Here are some other tips and tricks for dressing up your favorite cutoffs.
- Add wedges to elongate your legs.
- If wedges aren’t your thing, pair your shorts with a cute pair of flats. I love these slides too!
- Feminine details like ruffles soften the look of jean shorts.
- Add a statement bag or earrings for pretty date night ready finishing touches.
- Play with proportions. As I mentioned above, I love the look of longer sleeves and a flowy silhouette with a shorter short.
- Pair denim shorts with a lace-trimmed cami and a blazer or, for an edgier look, add a moto jacket.
Do you wear your cutoffs after hours? Share your tips for dressing them up in the comments!