Shop My Outfit
One of the kids’ Christmas/birthday gifts was the promise of a puppy and with the weather warming up we knew it was time to deliver. I had been researching different breed options since my son is allergic to so many dogs and stumbled across this little guy. Dexter is a miniature Aussie Doodle, which is part poodle part, Australian Shepard. He checks all of the boxes for us: non-shedding, likely hypo-allergenic, intelligent, known to be great with kids. But once we met him, none of that really mattered. We fell hard and fast.
Having a puppy isn’t that different from having a newborn but the phases change much more quickly. He requires quite a lot of attention and can’t be left alone all day, but he’s already sleeping through the night, has had very few accidents, and has the sweetest demeanor. And the kids are learning all about responsibility!
And now on to the outfit…
Overalls at Any Age
Remember those few years when overalls were not at all cool? Well, glad that’s over!!! I’m obsessed with this pair from Target because they are just so flattering on everyone. I eyed them all last year and had major regret when they sold out. I was a little hesitant at my age, but I’ve already been wearing them nonstop. They are so easy and versatile and just so stinking cute. Younger, older, curvier, slender…they really do work on everyone!
Styling a Bandana Scarf
When I snagged the overalls, I couldn’t resist adding this bandana scarf to my order. It comes in tons of prints and is such a fun accessory. These fun little scarves are super on-trend and are popping up everywhere from Madewell to H&M to Old Navy. I’ll share some tips on styling a bandana scarf if you’re new to the trend:
- In the hair. Wear as a headband or tie around a ponytail or bun. They add a fun splash of color and help keep your hair off your face!
- Tied on a summer handbag. A bandana scarf is a perfect addition to any of summer’s basket bags.
- Tied around the neck. Classic and chic, you can’t go wrong with this Parisian-inspired look.
- Tied around the wrist. This trend is popping up all over Pinterest!
- Tied at the waist. Loop through the front belt loops of jeans and tie in a bow for a super cute styling hack.
Have you guys tried styling a bandana scarf? Are you a fan of this trend?
And be sure to scroll down for so much more puppy cuteness!