photography by Ashley of Sed Bona
Shop My Outfit
Happy 1st Day of Spring!
Today marks the first day of spring, a time of rebirth, new life, blossoming flowers and new outfits! But if you live anywhere in the northern half of this country, chances are there are still days where snow is forecasted.
So, how do you start incorporating spring trends when it’s still cold AF outside?!
The lush, green backdrop in these photos might give you a clue that they weren’t take recently and you’d be correct! Ashley and I actually shot these photos last spring and I never got around to posting them. When I uncovered them recently I thought this was such a great outfit for when you’re looking to start incorporating spring trends but it’s still chilly outside. We’re definitely not at strappy sandals temps yet, but this look would also be super cute with booties, or even sneakers.
How to Wear Spring Trends Now
- Layer, Layer, Layer! Adding a jacket or cozy cardigan over your new spring top, will breath new life into your wardrobe and extend the wear of your warm-weather pieces.
- Brighten Up! Trade in dark denim for lighter washes and white denim. You can also pair blush, grey and off-white sweaters with white denim for a bright and clean neutral look that’s still cozy, as seen here.
- Make it Girly. Spring is a great time to incorporate feminine elements like ruffles and lace.
- Incorporate a Print. Stripes, florals and gingham are prints that scream warm weather!
- Swap Your Kicks. Swap tall boots for new sneakers, flats and booties.
More Off the Shoulder Tops I Love:
My exact top is sold out but I found a ton that I love!
Have you started adding spring trends to your outfits yet?