photos by the lovely Anna of A Lily Love Affair
Shop My Outfit
The Winter Date Night Dilema
Happy New Year lovelies! These photos were actually snapped early in the fall and I had completely forgotten about them until I wore this exact outfit on a recent date night with my husband. We try our best to get out for date nights as often as possible, but coming up with new and fun ideas can be especially challenging in the winter months. And the early sunsets and chilly temps can make spontaneity a challenge.
Dressing can also be a challenge for a winter date night. We want to be comfortable and warm but still look cute and not entirely androgynous in an oversized sweater. A sheer blouse with a pretty bralette and your over the knee boots with your favorite denim strikes the perfect balance between feminine and sexy and comfortable. And obviously add a coat for this ridiculously frigid cold!
I also love the idea of a cozy sweater dress paired with over the knee boots.
Winter Date Night Ideas
Now you have your outfit planned, but still stumped on what to do. Here are some suggestions for a fun winter date night:
- Ice skating followed by hot chocolate for 2.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Take a bundled up carriage ride.
- Play tourist in your own city and visit a museum or take a bus tour.
- Have a date night at home and play board games and roast s’mores by the fire.
- Take a ballroom dance class.
- Go to an art gallery opening.
- Try a new ethnic cuisine.
- Go indoor rock climbing.
- Catch a comedy or improv show.
- Go wine tasting.
- Schedule a couple massage.
I hope these ideas give you a little inspiration to change things up!