Rosé season doesn’t have to end just because autumn leaves are falling and sweater weather has arrived! Wines of Provence are the perfect pairing to any meal. Either red, white or rosé, Wines of Provence offer boundless food pairing possibilities, even for the heartier Fall and Winter dishes. We’re taking our favorite wines of Provence Rosés into the fall and winter and pairing them with white chili, pork roast and seasonal grilled vegetables. Rosé is also the perfect complement to your Thanksgiving Turkey and all the trimmings!
Wines of Provence
We are so excited to be partnering with Wines of Provence in today’s post and had the opportunity to try three different varieties of Rosé: Chateau de Calavon (from Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence), Château la Lieue (from Coteaux Varois en Provence) and Côtes de Provence Corail (from Côtes de Provence). These dry, elegant wines are all delicate, well-balanced and can be enjoyed year-round.
Provence is France’s oldest wine-producing region with vines dating back 2,600 years. They are also credited with the worldwide rosé revival. Located between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps, Wines of Provence vineyards, are home to a diversity of flavorful wines, from fruity whites to dry floral rosés and powerful reds. The region’s iconic rosés, which account for 89% of all wines produced in Provence and 42% of French AOP rosés, are internationally recognized for their uniquely pale color and vivacious aromas. The unequalled palette of wines of Provence rosé agrees with food pairings enjoyed throughout the year.
Rosé Food Pairings for Fall and Beyond
You’d be hard pressed to find a more versatile wine. Rosé compromises between the extremes of red and white — less intense than a big, tannic, mouth-busting red, but with more depth than a super-light white. And by virtue of its wide chromatic palette, covering a range of light and fruity, to spicier and darker, rosé can be paired with all kinds of foods.
One of our favorite rosé food pairings for fall is this delectable white chicken chili. Its the perfect comfort food for these brisk fall days and can be prepared ahead of time in the crockpot, making an ideal week night meal.
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 (15-ounce) cans reduced-sodium white beans, such as white kidney beans, cannellini, or Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans diced green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small (or 1/2 large) yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker (I use this one). Top with the chicken broth, white beans, green chiles, garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, salt, and cayenne. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate. Once cool enough to handle, shred and set aside.
- With an immersion blender, puree a portion of the chili to thicken it, leaving some of the beans whole. (You can also transfer a few ladlefuls of the chili to a food processor and roughly blend, then stir the blended portion back into the chili.) Stir in the shredded chicken and cilantro. Portion into bowls and top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Add any other desired toppings and enjoy.
- For serving: diced jalapeno, diced avocado, nonfat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, fresh lime wedges
For more rosé food pairings for fall be sure to check out this post.
Its also worth noting for our readers in New York and San Fransisco, that October 5-25, restaurants in New York City and San Francisco are celebrating Vins de Provence rosé’s year-round potential and versatility with stunning pairings your Instagram is begging for. These wines from Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence and Coteaux Varois en Provence are delicious alone and pair like a dream. You’re not going to want to miss the exclusive specials at these iconic restaurants!