An Instagram Round-Up: Favorite Outfits for Summer
I’m popping in today with a pretty long-overdue Instagram round up and sharing some of my favorite outfits for summer! This season I’m gravitating toward off the shoulder blouses, striped tees, white lace and gingham. These easy pieces are building blocks that make it easy to be effortlessly chic, yet cool and comfortable during these hot, sticky summer days.
gingham tie back peplum top (only $18 – comes in 3 colors!)
My favorite outfits for summer all share a similar theme in that they are all versatile basics that make effortless summer dressing a breeze. In my book, summer style is meant to be fuss free. Comfort is king but that doesn’t mean your personal style has to take a hit. Look for breathable fabrics with interesting details and have fun with your accessories.
A Chicago Staycation
Summer is also a time where I’m reminded of how lucky I am to live in a city that offers so much. There is no need to travel far to find tons to do. Gilt City is one of my favorite sites for local deals in cities from coast to coast. Here are some of my favorites this week in Chicago:
1. Sample more than 20 Italian wines during the Summer Sippers Wine Festival at Eataly.
2. Make plans to cap off your summer with Chicago’s famous North Coast Music Festival.
3. Bread & Wine, a Michelin Guide recommended spot, serves up American brasserie fare in a warm, welcome setting in Chicago’s Irving Park.
4. Take your workout up a notch with intense boxing and kickboxing sessions at Title Boxing Club.
5. Indulge in a customized spa service at The Spa at Palmer House.
What are your plans this summer? I’d love to hear what you’re up to!