photos by Ashley of Sed Bona
I’ll admit it, I used to think that all leggings were pretty much created equal. When selecting this wardrobe basic I really did not discriminate. I mean they’re really just glorified tights, right? Well, it turns out that I was pretty wrong! I’m so excited to have discovered leggings that go so far beyond basic.
The Everywhere Leggings
This wardrobe staple takes the term legging to a new level, acting somewhere between a pant and leggings. I wore them the day after Thanksgiving and also running around Chicago recently. They are very fitted without being “skin tight” making them super versatile. They also maintained their shape and did not pill, which I have always noticed in thicker, or ponte knit, leggings.
And thankfully they also keep me super warm because it looks like these chilly temps are here to stay. Living in Chicago it often feels like everyone goes into hibernation mode this time of year and we all sort of disappear until sometime around April. So I’ve decided to put together a little list of fun winter activities to enjoy in and around Chicago during these colder months.
Chicago really can be a great city all year round:)
- Go ice skating in Millennium Park.
- Take a stroll down Michigan Avenue or State Street and enjoy the holiday windows.
- Visit the Art Institute.
- Check out the Zoolights Festival at the Lincoln Park Zoo
- See a play or the Nutcracker at one of Chicago’s many theaters.
- Take a horse drawn carriage ride.
- Visit the Chicago Skydeck.
- Enjoy Sunday brunch at one of Chicago’s many truly amazing restaurants.
- Visit Restoration Hardware and the beautiful 3 Arts Club Cafe.
- Check out Navy Pier’s Winter Wonderland Event.
- Head out to one of Chicagoland’s many forest preserves and go hiking or sledding.
- See an IMAX show at Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry.
And on a side note, this cozy poncho is from last year but I’ve linked this year’s version and it’s on major sale! Such a great piece for this time of year and also a perfect gift idea for a mom or sister. Its unexpected but so cozy and I pretty much live in it lately.
And now for a giveaway!!!
Jean and Lynn have been kind enough to giveaway 1 pair of their amazing leggings to a W&R reader! Simply enter using the rafflecopter widget below. All entrants must be 18 years of age and reside in the continental United States. GOOD LUCK!
Thanks so much for entering and for supporting the brands that help to support W&R!