This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #passiondefinedremyrefined #CollectiveBias
I’m naturally a very intense and passionate person, and although my personal passions have varied throughout the years, I’ve always come back to my love of fashion. As a child I would stay up late into the night pouring over the latest Vogue or Glamour magazine thinking about how I could incorporate that season’s trends into my wardrobe without raising my father’s eyebrows.
To this day, I still have a strong love of fashion and expressing myself through fashion, which is what led me to create Wishes & Reality. To be honest, starting a blog was extremely intimidating. I felt that I was too late to the game to ever truly be influential and I felt old. I am just not 25 anymore. How would I start? Would I be accepted? Would I feel judged? In the end, I knew it was something I would regret if I didn’t at least try. Today I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made.
When I look back at my early days of blogging, it’s pretty comical. I was using an iPhone for photos and then heavily editing them. I was trying to identify my personal style and emulating what I loved on others instead of noticing what I loved on me. It was definitely a learning curve. A few months in, I decided to speak to a consultant who has since become a friend and mentor.
Having a mentor to point out simple changes that I could make to improve my overall aesthetic, made W&R more professional and helped to define my brand. It was one of the smartest decisions I made in those early days. Over the past 2 years, I have developed informal relationships with many other “mentors” and it’s these relationships that push me to continue to grow and evolve, both as a person and as a blogger.
This is why I’m so excited to welcome you to the Passion Defined/Rémy Refined Sweepstakes by Rémy Martin Cognac! Rémy Martin invites you to not only share your passion but also enter to win the opportunity to have a mentor in that field to help guide you! Rémy Martin encourages us to define our many passions and celebrate the variety of talents that make up who we are.
○ To enter the sweepstakes, the Entrant must log on to his/her twitter account and (i) follow @RemyRefined (if he/she does not already), and (ii) Tweet an image of Entrant showing their life passion and including the hashtags #RemyRefined and either #ChicagoSweepstakes, #DetroitSweepstakes, or #StLouisSweepstakes, depending on Entrant’s state of residence.
Grand Prize (1): The grand prize winner will receive a mentor for one (1) year to help winner live out his/her passion and a check for $5,000 (“Grand Prize”).
○ First Prize (15 [five (5) per location]): Each first prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to a Jhené Aiko concert on either August 12, 2016 for Michigan winners, August 16, 2016 for Illinois winners, or August 17, 2016 for Missouri winners, a meet and greet with Jhené Aiko, and a Rémy Martin gift bag (“First Prize”).
○ Second Prize (30 [ten (10) per location]): Each second prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to a Jhené Aiko concert on either August 12, 2016 for Michigan winners, August 16, 2016 for Illinois winners, or August 17, 2016 for Missouri winners (“Second Prize’).
- No Purch. Nec. Ends 8/31/16. 21+, IL, MI, MO only, Rules: RemyRefined.com
My desire to pursue my passions is what led me to create Wishes & Reality! Women today are so multifaceted today and I personally feel so lucky, to not only indulge but to share my many passions. As a wife, a mom, a creator, a singer, a writer, a blogger, a fashionista, a traveler, a foodie, I feel that I have so much to share! All of these aspects of my life and personality would helped to inspire a signature cocktail with Rémy Martin Cognac.
‘The Happy Heidi’
- 1 oz. Rémy Martin Cognac
- 2 oz. lime soda water
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger
- 1 wedge of lime or lime zest
- 1 long piece of cucumber
- 1-2 mint leaves
Put lime and ginger into a glass. Pour in .5 oz. Rémy Martin cognac. Press lightly 2-3 times. Half fill glass with ice, stir for 5 seconds. Pour the remaining cognac and add lime soda water and cucumber. Stir well and serve immediately.
‘The Happy Heidi‘ takes me to the zone, where I can relax, create and inspire. The perfect cocktail to sip whether I’m relaxing with friends on a summer night, or editing photos at the end of the day in my home office.
Rémy Martin is crafted for excellence and a testament to the very passion that is poured into every bottle. Made from the most sought after grapes of Fine Champagne Cognac, 1738® is a tribute to almost 300 years of passionate commitment to time, tradition and respect of the land. Rémy Martin, One Life / Live Them!
I can’t wait to hear all about your passions! Looking for a mentor to take your passions to the next level? Learn how you can win a mentor for one year through the Rémy Martin Sweepstakes! Good luck!