Photos by Ashley of Sed Bona
This might be the strangest spring to date. One minute I’m pulling out my dresses, the next we’re back to cozy sweaters and multiple layers. Not that I’m complaining too much, I mean its pretty well established that my uniform consists of a sweater and distressed jeans, as evidenced here, here and here. I really believe there is something so effortlessly chic about this pairing and its also the absolute easiest look to take from day to night! Simply add a great pair of heels like this snakeskin pair and the rest of your accessories can be kept minimal. This oversized blush tote even translates nicely from office to drinks with friends.
But the crazy spring weather here in Chicago has not been the easiest to plan for. Even as I type this post, I am planning to head out for an early media breakfast in the morning and hopefully to shoot with Ashley afterward but its looking like a 50/50 chance of rain. So I’ll get my gear ready and hope for the best! I know, #firstworldproblems, right?
So, being the practiced Chicagoan that I am, I’ll try to embrace the erratic weather, even plan for it, in hopes that spring will arrive soon. In the meantime, I’ll share a few tips and tricks that keep me prepared and hopefully looking somewhat put together along the way!
- A great trench (I love this and this). Stay warm and dry with this timeless piece and still look polished and chic.
- Wellies. Boring but a necessity in Chicago, I keep my Hunters in my car at all times. I even love the way they look!
- Sweaters. This one is easy. Just keep out a few of your favorites. they are great for layering, and if your bored of what’s in your closet, you can find amazing deals on sweaters this time of year. I’m loving this, this and this. All a steal and all spring ready!
- A versatile tote. The oversized blush tote that I’m wearing here, is super spacious and perfect for when I need to throw in heels or an umbrella.
- A fun umbrella. Speaking of umbrellas, I’m head over heels for this adorable Rain Check? umbrella from Kate Spade! Get it, you need it:)
Hopefully, this helps you prepare for the crazy spring weather wherever you may be. Thanks so much for reading!