photos by Anna of A Lily Love Affair
Shop My Outfit
The standard way to style shorter dresses come fall has been to pair them with over the knee boots or booties. But I’m here to share a new styling trick, so don’t pack away those summer dresses just yet!
A dress? With Jeans?
While this trend can stray over the line, when sticking to the right proportions wearing a dress with jeans is not only flattering, but a great way to get a little more mileage out of your spring and summer frocks. Plus, it just looks cool!
How to Style a Dress with Jeans
There are a few simple tips and tricks when wearing a dress with jeans than ensure that your outfit stays chic and not frumpy.
- Stick with a flowy silhouette. Swing dresses and empire-waisted dress are great options. (I’m sharing a bunch of great options below)
- Opt for a hemline that hits above the knee, a tunic length.
- Pair with your favorite skinny jeans or slim crop flares to avoid looking bigger than you are.
- Throw on a cardigan over a sleeveless dress when the temperatures cool.
- Pair with booties for day and heels for a date night.
- Don’t be afraid to play with prints.
These modern styling tricks will leave you looking like a street style star.