This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #RMPSNewLook #CollectiveBias
Happy Hour for 2
One of my favorite weeknight traditions with my hubby is happy hour at home. After the kids go to bed, we love to curl up on the couch with a glass of wine and catch up on our day or watch TV. Doing this has helped keep us connected and makes every day feel like “date night”.
Robert Mondavi’s Private Selection Cabernet
Our favorite wine by far to pour for our “happy hour at home” is Robert Mondavi’s Private Selection cabernet. Recently Robert Mondavi’s Private Selection redesigned their packaging and the finished product is a bold, high quality look that matches the bold and high quality flavors of the wine inside.
Easy Happy Hour Appetizers
Many nights, I also love to pair this rich, flavorful wine with a light appetizer. Two of my favorites to enjoy with cabernet are easy portabella and goat cheese tarts and 3-ingredient sweet and sour turkey meatballs. Both are super easy and super yummy!
- 1 box puff pastry sheets
- 1 container pre-sliced mini portobello mushrooms
- 1 T chopped garlic
- 1.5 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c crumbled goat cheese
- Unfold pastry and use a pizza cutter to cut into squares (approximately 3"x3")
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes (or according to package directions)
- Meanwhile saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil until tender (about 5 minutes)
- When pastry is done baking, remove from onion and prick with fork in the center of each square so that they "deflate"
- Spoon mushroom and garlic mixture onto the pastry squares
- Sprinkle with goat cheese
- Eat immediately, or cool and freeze
Serve as a tasty appetizer or as part of a meal!
- 1 package frozen meatballs, or you can make your own!
- 1-18 oz jar grape jam or jelly
- 1-18 oz bottle BBQ sauce
- Using a slow cooker, pour in grape jam and BBQ sauce, dump in frozen meatballs on top
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve as an appetizer with toothpicks or over rice and vegetables for a meal.
Robert Mondavi Private Selection has always been my go to. Their selection includes everything from cabernet to chardonnay, although the cab has always been my favorite. Its has a rich red color and contains notes of cherry, blueberry and vanilla. The perfect wine to sip on a cozy winter night.
Substantive and real, Robert Mondavi Private Selection is known for their legendary winemaking expertise. Their pioneering legacy is captured in elegantly expressive Coastal California wines crafted for everyday enjoyment.
For more information, be sure to follow Robert Mondavi Private Selection on Facebook!